Friday, November 06, 2009

Mexican restaurant

I don't like to write negative reviews, but travelling south from Washington I came upon a truly appalling Mexican restaurant. I"ve eaten in a lot of Mexican restaurants and have visited Mexico five or six times, but never did I see food resembling that served at a restaurant in Smithfield, NC.

An order of chili bore no resemblance to any chili I had ever seen, being just minced meat on an enchilada. And an order that included chili relleno had just a sliver of a dessicated pepper on a ball of meat swimming in an inedible sauce. Not surprisingly, there were no other customers in the restaurant. The waitress spoke little English and my Spanish isn't good, or I would have sent the meal back.

The restaurant will go unnamed to protect the guilty, but if you happen to stop in Smithfield be very careful about Mexican restaurants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home